Why should you master some Norwegian phrases?
- Norway is a country located in Northwestern Europe.
- Norwegian dialects resemble the Swedish and Danish language.
- A fantastic destination for both travel as well as employment, Norway offers many opportunities to those mastering its language.
- For individuals with English as their first language, Norwegian phrases are surprisingly easy to acquire.
- Begin studying Norwegian with Babbel
There are so many reasons to learn Norwegian
With 6 million Norwegian speakers across Europe, this is a language worth having! And the good news for English speakers is that it is relatively easy to pick up, as both have Germanic roots, similar word orders and plenty of shared cognates. If you learn Norwegian you can also far more easily learn other languages from this part of the world such as Danish, taking you well on the way to becoming a Grade A polymath! So few English people speak Norwegian that the locals love it if they meet a Brit who has made the effort to learn even a few basic words and phrases. If you can say hello to a local, ask directions, order food and drink in their language and basically show your willingness to experience their culture in an authentic way, you will get far more out of your travel experiences and get to know the real Norway.
The Norwegian economy is strong and growing, with interesting work opportunities for those who are keen to seek out new horizons. Why not make your CV as strong as possible to employers with operations in the country and learn the language? It’s so much easier to make new friends when you can speak with them. Yes, many Norwegians speak English, but you will be a far more effective global citizen if you can repay the compliment! Some people read newspapers, others take evening classes. Some listen to podcasts and others peruse online content. But these methods all have their limitations - from being of varied quality, to being packed with advertising, or simply difficult to fit around a busy schedule. The more modern and effective way to learn Norwegian is to use an award-winning language programme via an app, such as Babbel.
Learning Norwegian phrases via App
Babbel is trusted by millions of language students just like you across the world, who have had success with a new language and often gone on to learn another! The programme has been devised by over 150 expert teachers and it distils the finest academic teaching into an innovative digital course, using voice recognition technology to guide your spoken Norwegian from the very first lesson.
You can choose the level of course that suits you and just do 15 minutes a day - whenever and wherever you are. Learning is fun and never a chore with personalised, real-world and engaging content that focuses on putting your new skills immediately into practice.
Features of Babbel
- Real accents with authentic voices
- Bite-sized lessons of just 15 minutes each
- Personalised review dashboard to see how you have progressed
- A seamless app which works across mobile platforms and which is completely free from adverts
- Proven dicatictal method. Research shows that 15 hours of learning on Babbel is as effective as attending an entire semester of language tuition at university.