Why should you study the Danish language?
- The intellectual and business capital of the country is Copenhagen.
- Denmark has 1,400 islands under its name, with 400 of them classified.
- Danish is spoken by around 6 million speakers and is an official language in Denmark and the Faroe Islands.
- Begin studying Danish
Your springboard to Nordic languages: Introduction to Danish
Did you know that the Danes are some of the happiest people in the world? Perhaps you want to explore it as a traveller yourself, or to find work in their economic powerhouse. It’s so much easier when you speak even a little of the Danish language. If you challenge yourself to learn Danish, you’ll find that you are already halfway to learning Norwegian! In fact, Scandinavian languages all share a number of similarities and you will be able to learn another far quicker if you speak Danish.
The Danish lifestyle trend of ‘Hygge’ or cosy living has become a world sensation, but imagine if you could really understand the rich and complex Danish culture in its own language? You’d be able to order Smørrebrød and Frikadeller with confidence or summer in Zealand, making new friends in the process.
Learn Danish and speak with confidence
Languages certainly do open up the world, and the Danish language will challenge your mind, enhance your CV and make new friendships entirely possible. But how will you learn? Some people are tempted by the free language material found online until they find that the quality is variable and that it is packed with distracting advertising! You can also do traditional language courses of course, at an evening class or summer school. These are usually accredited and will take you towards a qualification, but you are limited to the class times and will need to progress at the speed of the class as a whole.
Perhaps Babbel is the best route if you want to learn quickly, on the go and in a way that is really fun and engaging? It’s worked for millions of other students worldwide who have learned one or more languages with the expert language course. Research also shows that just 15 hours of language instruction on Babbel is equivalent to a full university semester of classes! It only takes 15 minutes a day to start learning your new language quickly, easily and enjoyably when you choose Babbel. The course content is designed around your needs and is based on real-life situations, such as ordering food, going on a trip or meeting new people.
- Hear your new words and phrases in local accents for total authenticity
- A dynamic dashboard shows your progress and offers regular review sessions for focus areas.
- Voice recognition technology expertly aids you as you get to grips with accents and pronunciation
- Join a community of fellow learners, with rich media content and plenty of opportunities to engage.
- Expert language tuition that has been created by a team of 150 professionals - delivered with the latest app technology
If you’re ready to begin learning Danish, you can springboard to success with just your smartphone and the Babbel app! Why not give it a go by downloading your first lesson for free. If you like it, just upgrade your membership in a few clicks and your entire course will be available to you, to progress at your speed and at the level which best suits your needs. You’ll be amazed at how far you can come and in so little time when you learn a new language with Babbel. What are you waiting for?