How to speak Turkish like a native
Turkish is among the top 15 languages spoken worldwide, with 75 million native speakers. The Republic of Turkey acts as a vital geographic, cultural, economic and political connection between Eastern Europe, the Middle East and Central Asia. The country is also renown for its history, culture, society and travel opportunities.
Ways to learn the Turkish language
- Working in Turkey Learn the language and not only will you become a truer global citizen, but potentially you'll be well placed to better understand the region's geopolitics. This will place you perfectly for jobs across Europe and beyond. Equally, if you want to work in Turkey's vast tourism sector, it's essential to have at least a basic grip of the language.
- Enriching your study The former home of the Ottoman Empire is one of the most fascinating historical and cultural centres of the world. Whether your subject is ancient Byzantium history, the art and architecture of Constantinople, Middle-Eastern cuisine or archaeology, there is nothing as powerful as learning about Turkey within the country and through its rich and historic language.
- Travel and holiday Turkey is hugely popular with British expats, many of whom migrate abroad to enjoy the weather, cuisine, friendly people and great leisure lifestyle. The country is a huge tourist hotspot thanks to its melting pot of Western and Eastern influences and wonderful sights; from the colour and energy of Istanbul through to the stunning coastal towns of Antalya.
But what is the best way to learn if you want to maximise your time and remain as flexible as possible? Millions of students have found that Babbel works and offers rapid progression.
Looking for tips on how to speak Turkish?
- Conversation! Don't be afraid to say it out loud.
- Immerse yourself in the culture, book a trip.
- Listen to native speakers.
- Use an interactive learning tool.
- Set achievable goals.
Test first lesson of every course for free
Learning Turkish with Babbel
Students around the globe have successfully learned at least one language with Babbel - downloading the app to their smartphone and enjoying fun and engaging 15-minute lessons. Whether on the train, having a tea break or waiting for a friend, it's easy to fit in a lesson from the bite-sized learning programme. 150 teaching experts have distilled their knowledge into the Babbel language methodology, which uses real, regional accents for authenticity and innovative voice-recognition technology to listen and correct what you say. What's more, you'll be guided to start speaking your first words from the very first lesson! There's never any advertising to interrupt your lesson, and there's a rich community of media, blogs, inspiration and other learners to enrich your learning experience and make you really feel part of something. Dynamic review sessions allow you to practice what you've learned and your personal review dashboard tells you just how far you've come.
Features of the app
- Absolutely no adverts, ever
- Cutting-edge course material which gets real results
- Tailored, bite-size lessons which you can do anywhere and at any time
- Voice recognition technology to get you speaking Turkish from the start
- 15 hours of learning with Babbel equates to a semester of University study
Take the first step
So if you're keen to learn how to speak Turkish, why not make today the day you start to make your goal a reality. Just download the Babbel App to select the right course level for you and to try your first lesson for free. If you enjoy it, you can upgrade your membership and access the entire course for you to progress with as quickly as you want. What are you waiting for? Challenge yourself, open up new opportunities and take those first steps to learn Turkish today.