The most important German, Spanish and French business vocabulary
It's really important to learn business vocabulary in other languages if you want to work or do business abroad. For example, you can learn German, Spanish and French phrases and key words that allow you to meet new business contacts, show that you are learning about their culture and be respectful. Even being able to greet someone and introduce yourself in their language is a great way to build rapport.
Road to success with business vocabulary
- Learn how to introduce yourself and greet another person in their language.
- Basic phrases show respect and an effort to learn about your colleagues' cultures
- Good business relies on relationships and good communication – some language skills are a great way to build rapport
- A growing understanding of business language can also open up new career opportunities!
Top 12 German business vocabulary
German is widely spoken in the European business world and it's useful to know, especially if you are building an international career. Here are some business German vocabulary examples that will come in handy as you build a core understanding.
|German business vocabulary||English business vocabulary|
|die Teamleitung||The team lead|
|das Büro||The office|
|der Vorstand||The board of directors|
|die Kommunikation||The communication|
|die Personalabteilung||human resources|
|der/die Kolleg:innen||The colleagues|
|der Anhang||The attachment|
|das Projekt||The project|
|die Konferenz||The conference|
|der Lebenslauf||resumé / CV|
|das At-Zeichen||“at” sign (@)|
Top 10 Spanish business vocabulary
These are great examples of Spanish phrases that will be useful in a work situation.
|Spanish business vocabulary||English business vocabulary|
|¿Cuando nos podemos reunir?||When can we meet?|
|Estoy trabajando a tope||I’m working hard|
|Usted necesita reunirse con John (formal)||You need to meet with John|
|Necesito hablar con mi socio de negocios||I need to talk to my business partner.|
|¿Cómo acepta el pago?||How can I pay?|
|¿Tienes una tarjeta de visita?||Do you have a business card?|
|Tengo una reunión con Maria||I have a meeting with Maria|
|¿Ha encontrado un inversor?||Have you found an investor?|
|¿Tenemos un acuerdo?||Do we have an agreement?|
|Envíame una propuesta||Send me a proposal|
Top business French vocabulary
These are examples of business French vocabulary that are common and more informal business expressions that you would hear in a real-world business environment:
- Se tenir au courant: This means "to keep each other in the loop" and is a useful phrase for staying in touch with your colleagues or business partners.
- Je vous recontacterai!: This means "I'll get back to you!" and is commonly used in meetings.
Other good business French vocabulary to know includes:
|French business vocabulary||English business vocabulary|
|Le voyage d‘affaires||The business trip|
|Le bénéfice||The profit|
|La réunion||The meeting|
|Le chiffre d’affaire||Sales/turnover|
|Le concurrent||The competitor|
Why choose the Babbel App to learn business vocabulary?
- Babbel is one of the world's leading language apps
- Learn online via your phone in just a few minutes a day
- Babbel uses smart technology to help you learn at your pace and preference
- Enjoy engaging, real-world content that encourages you to start speaking in your new language from the first lesson
- Try the first lesson for free to see if it fits your needs
Get started now and use the Babbel App's voice recognition technology, language communities and rich, immersive language courses to rapidly get up to speed with the business lingo that you need.
How Babbel works
Find out how Babbel works and start learning a new language today! All it takes is 15 minutes a day to boost your language skills.
The Babbel Ecosystem
Your personal language learning kit, equipped with a variety of activities that keep you engaged and motivated on your learning journey.